Get Street Smart about Customer Loyalty
Customer Loyalty Starts on the Street
Loyalty goes both ways. If you’re going to expect your customers to be loyal to you, then you have to show them you’re loyal to them, too. This goes beyond just offering a great value. Everyone is looking for a deal, and with already tight margins on most of your products, it’s tough to compete. Outside of price, the most influential way to maintain a loyal customer base is through relationships. Many of your customers live or work in your general area. Find out what makes them tick, and show your customers you’re in tune with the needs of the neighborhood. Follow these street-smart tips to improve customer loyalty:
- Serve your community. Sponsor a school fundraiser or reach out to help those in need in your immediate neighborhood.
- Go beyond the suggestion box. Engage your customers in conversations about the products and services you offer.
- Create a focus group of your regular customers to test a new concept. Not only will this help your new idea be more successful, it will make your customers feel invested in your business.
- Get personal. People like doing business with people they know and trust. Take time to personally reach out to your customers and make them feel welcome in your store.
- Send thank you notes, real ones. When customers sign up to your loyalty program or achieve a certain level or reward, thank them the old fashioned way.
People are naturally driven to reciprocate positive (and negative) behavior. If you’re good to your customers, they’ll be good to you.
Get More Convenience Store Management Tips
The convenience store management section of our article archives is dedicated to helping you meet your leadership goals. Check it out!
Never miss an article. Subscribe to RTO’s Blog